Thursday, September 01, 2005

Put Citronella in the Bathroom

So it seems I'm on a poetry kick. My idle mind likes to rhyme, I guess...

Put Citronella in the Bathroom

Why do mosquitoes bite fingers and toes?
They’re unlikely places for meals.

But then, I am not a mosquito.

But if I were…

I’d go for people with thick rolls of flesh
That bulge over waistbands and belts.
I’d bit and I’d sip and I’d feast and I’d gorge
And leave them all covered with welts

Forget about fingers and elbows and toes
I’d only want places with meat.
I’d scoff at my skeeter friends who, quizzically,
Go crazy for rank, bony feet

I might aim for buttocks—yes, that’s what I’d do
They’re often quite juicy and plump
I’d wait til, trou lowered, their guards were let down
Then I’d zoom in and nibble said rump

The one disadvantage to buttocks, I’d find
The reason all others steer clear
Is, if you’ve poor timing when biting the bum
You’ll find yourself squished by a rear

2 comments:

Allan said...

nice blog, maybe u can add on something that will interest ur readers, and i got
a very informative blog on citronella oil Pls visit my blog at,
Citronella Oil And Its Uses
Thank you

Anonymous said...

A Mosquito’s Reply (translated into plain English by S. Borgasboard)

Such a carnivorous skeeter you’d make,
with all of your cravings for meat!
You’d put on such poundage your wings wouldn’t work,
and you’d have to re-think biting feet!

You see, all us mosquitoes (little winged IV needles)
consider the buttocks a dud.
We seek out the boniest, veiniest places
because all that we want is the blood!

Of you men on two feet, only one understands
(or at least as according to fable),
for they say he’ll choose blood over meat when he dines
at his great Transylvanian table!

(sigh)

Still, confusion aside, I must offer my thanks
for granting my small kind an ode.
Just remember, they spoke of a vein when they coined
that glorious term: mother lode!