Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Writer's Prayer

A gift of words You've given to me, yet time and again I choose silence. A gift of a blank page and a blank slate each day You've also given me, but more often than not I choose to leave it blank. Or allow someone else to fill it, or worse, consider it...then ball it up and throw it away.

Father, You made it so clear that a talent not used for You is a talent that will be lost, a talent wasted. But still I allow fear to make these decisions for me. Your love, as evidenced by the cross, has bought me out of fear. And I want that evident in my life. Make writing an act of worship, not something for myself or for others, but an act of praise toward You, the Giver.

Father, as I am perfected through perserverence, replace this fear with love for You and then let this love spill over onto my page, reveling in the gift You've given me, but most of all reveling in the Giver.

Father, for all the people out there who write, I pray that their inspirations will lead them somehow to You. We are by nature an inquisitive breed, writers. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but in this case scrutiny cannot harm because You are Truth. Father, for all those with a spark, an inkling of who You may be, I pray that You ignite it, with words, with people, with situations. Words on a page are just words on a page. They may be beautiful but how beautiful can untruth be? Father, in Your grace, give us all light and lead us to water.

This I pray in Your Son's name.

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Your blog is good. Your invited to Denver Colorado to run around Cheeseman park with me and read my blog. I only have a couple of postings in "internet mortages" but I loved yours.

I was tired of reading all this spam-like comments so I made my own.

By the way the statement "Curiosity may have killed the cat" reminds me of this girl in high school that put "Curiosity didn't kill this cat!" under her year book picture, ....we weren't friends, but I would seriously consider renaming this blog?